Winter’s here. Escape to Jersey13th November 2015
Visit Jersey has launched its ‘Escape to Jersey’ winter campaign, created and delivered by Oi, to drive wintertime visits from UK city dwellers as part of a new strategy to grow the visitor economy.
The campaign is an extension of the successful Escape to Jersey summer campaign and highlights that, as a destination, Jersey is seasonally diverse and offers something for visitors at all times of the year.
A dedicated campaign microsite, optimised for mobile and sharing of its contents socially, introduces visitors to local legends, shares ‘insider’ secrets and immerses them in the island’s key winter-time delights including its stunning scenery, first-class winter produce and cuisine, relaxing spas and rich heritage.
Leading Jersey photographer Danny Evans was commissioned to capture the Jersey winter experience in a new, photographic way. Oi worked closely with the photographer in various locations around the island, including some very early video shoots!
By simply entering their email address on the campaign microsite, people are entered into a competition for the chance to win a 4-night luxury Jersey ‘winter’ break including 2 nights staying at AA 5 Red Star Longueville Manor, 2 spa treatments, 2 nights staying at ‘Jersey Heritage Lets’ Corbière Radio Tower, and return flights for 2 people flying from London Gatwick, business class. Nice.
Once people sign up and agree to receive communication from Visit Jersey, they are sent tailored emails in a fun and engaging way. A week after signing up people receive an email asking to click on a winter hat that best suits the type of short break person they are.
Pre-designed, automated emails are sent to people introducing them to colourful local characters associated with the type of person they are. For example, someone who is active gets to meet Jersey outdoor enthusiast Kazz, an expert on all things foraging.
An integrated digital advertising campaign is running in various forms including Google pay per click advertising and via major social networks Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and on display advertising on targeted websites. This is supported by planned social media, PR, and content syndication activity.
To support the campaign and showcase the authenticity of Jersey as a destination, Visit Jersey is calling on Jersey residents to become local ambassadors for the island, sharing favourite winter images (personally taken or produced), that showcase Jersey at its best, via Visit Jersey’s Facebook page, and will automatically have the chance to win dinner for two at a top local restaurant.
“There are 58,000 Facebook accounts in Jersey – that is almost 60% of the island. If everyone who uses Facebook, on the island, was to share Jersey it could reach an astonishing 10.4 million people. That’s a great opportunity”, said Peter Grange, Oi Chief Executive Officer.
Adam Caerlewy-Smith, Head of Marketing from Visit Jersey comments: “We know how passionate locals are about Jersey and who better to inspire potential visitors, and tell our winter story, than those who know the island best.”
“Personal recommendations are incredibly powerful – and we want to harness our untapped local knowledge and encourage islanders to share what makes Jersey special, during winter.”
The Jersey winter experience campaign prize includes:
4-night luxury break, flying BA business class, to be taken between 26 – 29 February 2016.
- Return flights for 2 people flying from London Gatwick, business class – flights to be taken 26 Feb 16 – 29 Feb 16
- 2 nights staying at AA 5 Red Star Longueville Manor + 2x spa treatments at The Cottage Garden (new spa) (to value £90). Dates 26/27 February 2016
- 2 nights staying at Jersey Heritage Lets Corbière Radio Tower. Dates 28/29 February 2016
- Classic car hire for the duration of stay with Jersey Classic Hire
- Visit to Durrell – 2 x day pass
- Michelin Starred dinner at Ocean Restaurant at the Atlantic Hotel – three-course table d’hote dinner for two people in Ocean Restaurant. Drinks not included.
- Lunch at Michelin Starred Ormer – three courses from the a la carte menu, for two people, drinks excluded
- Coastal forage walk with Kazz from Wild Adventures (Shaun Rankin, at Ormer uses his produce in cooking)
- Oyster Trail with Jersey Walk Adventures – tie into Chris Le Masurier from Jersey Oyster
- Guided/self-guided walks – along north coast (taking in long-horned sheep, National Trust area) & Ale Trails
- Blokarting/paddleboarding/surfing – or if they don’t want to take part, they can watch with a hot chocolate
- Cycle hire, for the duration of stay, with Puffin Bike Hire
- Genuine Jersey Hamper (to the value of £50)
- Table reservation and one bottle of champagne at the Blind Pig Cocktail Bar